PEAPOD Mix

Print - Electronic - Audio Publishing On Demand -- Using a full spectrum of widely available technologies to publish, create buzz, catch people's attention, and build up an audience for your work, whether it's written, spoken, or performed.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Next Project: Video walkthroughs of Lulu.com publishing

Now that I've got these projects close to completion:

Temping Your Way to the Top - Short-Term Job Strategies for Long-Term Career Success [See the Lulu update here (.avi) -- warning, this is a large file (70MB)]

Affiliate Programs for Lulu Creators - How to create custom products affiliates can sell for you

10 Steps to Publishing with Lulu - A guided tour and instruction book for quickly and easily publishing with Lulu.com

Poetry templates for Lulu print publishing

... there's more, but I won't list them here, yet...


I'm going to be making video recordings of the Lulu publishing process. I've written a guide book for how to publish your book with Lulu, and I've been making the rounds, telling people just how easy it is. But a picture's worth 1,000 words and a video makes it even more real. You can actually See It Done! And that's way cool.

I'll be using the ZD Soft Screen Recorder to do it. I've been having some good results with it, though I have to tweak the settings to make sure I have good quality sound and video. You can record sound... but be forewarned that it may mute one of your computer's other audio recorders while it's running (like Audacity). That happened to me the first time I used ZD Soft at the same time as Audacity -- I had "record sound" checked in ZD Soft, at the same time I was trying to record with Audacity, and ZD Soft actually muted Audacity while it recorded my session. I suppose it's a useful feature. It was interesting seeing Audacity "flatline" mid-recording when I came back to it...

Here's the first in the series: Lulu update of Temping Your Way to the Top (.avi) -- warning, this is a large file (70MB)

It shows how I walk through a quick revision of a published book, upload the interior pdf and the front cover jpg and set the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home