PEAPOD Mix

Print - Electronic - Audio Publishing On Demand -- Using a full spectrum of widely available technologies to publish, create buzz, catch people's attention, and build up an audience for your work, whether it's written, spoken, or performed.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm sorta-kinda loving Flock, right now

Flock is an amazing new web browser that makes it easier to share media and connect to other people online. Share photos, automatically stay up-to-date with new content from your favorite sites, and search the Web with the most advanced Search Toolbar available today.

Flock — the social web browser

So says the start page promo. I have to say, I do like being able to blog from my browser by simply clicking and dragging and right-clicking again. Firefox'es 2.0 update blew away my blogging extensions, which is a major bummer! Now I'm stuck. Unless, of course, I use Flock.

Flock first appeared to me some months back, and I downloaded it out of curiosity, as it supposedly has all these social extensions to it. Bookmarking. Blogging. Photo sharing. Etc.

Fine, but when I post to my blogs with its Blog This, the posts come out somewhat funky. And sometimes I need to go into Blogger and clean them up.

I do have to say that I love the fact that it saves my posts to a folder on my computer. I'm going into all my blogs and reposting my most important pieces, since if I move over to the new Blogger, I don't want to lose all my writing!

There are upsides and downsides. Of course, making it easier to blog doesn't help my carpal tunnel... but that's another story. Time to podcast, instead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home